Pierre Cardin would like to place cookies on your computer to help us improve your experience on our websites and apps.
About Cookies on this Pierre Cardin digital platform
New EU legislation requires us to let you know how we’re using cookies.
We think it’s important to protect your privacy and be open about how we use your data. This information is to keep you informed and to help you enjoy our websites and apps.
So what are cookies?
A cookie is simply a tiny text file containing pieces of data, stored when you visit a website or app. It’s designed to help websites and apps remember what you did in the past. This can include whether you clicked on particular links or pages, logged into your profile, or read pages on the site months, or even years, ago.
There are different types of cookies and without these, websites, apps and other digital services couldn’t function in the way you’ve got used to.
For example, without the cookie to validate your log in, the website wouldn’t know to display your profile. Or the website would need to deliver a message every time saying ‘sorry, you need to log in’ as it wouldn’t remember who you are.
Pierre Cardin websites and apps use particular cookies to give you the best possible experience, and use only cookies that we think are necessary and helpful.
What type of cookies do Pierre Cardin websites and apps use?
- Strictly Necessary CookiesThese are essential cookies that let you move around the website or app and use its features, like accessing secure areas. Without them, services registration and logging in cannot be provided. These cookies don’t collect any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
- Performance CookiesThese collect information about how you use a website or app, for instance, which pages you go to most often, and if you get error messages. They don’t collect information that identifies you; all the information is anonymous. It is used only to improve how the website or app works.
- Functionality CookiesThese remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide personal features. They can remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also provide services you’ve asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information they collect can be made anonymous. They can’t track other websites or apps you visit.
- Targeting CookiesThese deliver adverts or messages relevant to you and your interests. Sometimes targeting cookies are linked to other sites, such as Facebook.
Within these four categorisations of cookie, cookies are sorted as either temporary (‘Session’ cookies) or more long-term (‘Persistent’ cookies).
‘Session’ cookies link your actions in one session only. This ‘session’ starts when the webpage or app is opened and finishes when it is closed. Then the cookie is deleted forever.
‘Persistent’ cookies are where the cookie remains on your phone or computer for a specific period of time. They are activated automatically when you visit a particular website or app.
One other difference is if the cookie is a ‘first-party cookie’ or a ‘third-party’ cookie. A first-party cookie is set by the Pierre Cardin website or app you’re visiting, whereas a ‘third-party’ cookie is set by someone else. Pierre Cardin will only ever allow third-party cookies that are approved by the brand.
Cookie Categorisation for this Pierre Cardin digital platform
- Strictly Necessary CookiesPierre Cardin uses ‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies to:
- Remember things like information you’ve entered on forms when you navigate to different pages in a single web browser or app session
- Identify you as being logged into this Pierre Cardin digital platform
- Make sure you connect to the right service on our website or app when we make any changes to the way it works
Cookies Pierre Cardin has categorised as ‘Strictly Necessary’ will NOT be used to:
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you
- Remember your preferences or username beyond your current visit
Using our site means that you accept the use of ‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies.
If you prevent these cookies, we can’t guarantee your security or predict how the website will perform for you.
Here’s a list of the Pierre Cardin generated cookies categorised as ‘Strictly Necessary':
Cookie Name Cookie Type Cookie Expiry Date Category Usage JSESSIONID Session After session expired High Session
- Performance CookiesPierre Cardin uses ‘Performance’ cookies to:
- Provide statistics on how our websites or apps are used
- Help us improve the websites or apps by measuring any errors that occur
- Test different designs of our websites or apps
Cookies Pierre Cardin has categorised as ‘Performance’ cookies will NOT be used to:
- Remember your preferences or username after your current visit
- Some of these cookies are managed for us by other companies, but we don’t allow these companies to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
Using our site means that you accept the use of ‘Performance’ cookies. If you prevent them, we can’t guarantee how our site will perform for you.
Here is a list of the third-party cookies categorised as ‘Performance’ cookies:
Cookie Name Cookie Type Cookie Expiry Date Category Usage __utma Persistent 2 years Medium Social networking __utmb Persistent 1 hour Medium Social networking __utmc Session After session expired Medium Social networking __utmv Persistent 2 years Medium Social networking __utmz Persistent 6 months Medium Social networking _twitter_sess Session After session expired High Social networking _wt.mode-<id> Session After session expired Analytics _wt.user-<id> Persistent 3 months Analytics ACOOKIE Persistent 2 years High Analytics auth_token Session After session expired High Social networking c_user Session After session expired High Social networking company_history Persistent 10 years Analytics csm Session After session expired Social networking csrf_form_cookie Persistent 1 hour Analytics datr Persistent 2 years Medium Social networking dnt Persistent 10 years Social networking fr Persistent 1 month Low Social networking guest_id Persistent 2 years Social networking is_human Persistent 1 month Analytics lang Session After session expired Low Social networking language_pref Persistent 1 year Analytics locale Persistent 7 days Social networking lu Persistent 2 years Low Social networking original_referer Session After session expired Low Social networking reg_ext_ref Session After session expired Medium Social networking reg_fb_gate Session After session expired Medium Social networking reg_fb_ref Session After session expired Medium Social networking remember_checked Persistent 10 years Low Social networking remember_checked_on Persistent 10 years Low Social networking s Session After session expired Social networking secure_session Session After session expired Low Social networking twid Session After session expired Low Social networking twll Persistent 10 years Low Social networking WT_CONSENTMGR Persistent 2 years Analytics WT_FPC Persistent 2 years High Analytics wt_session Session After session expired Analytics xs Session After session expired Low Social networking
- Functionality CookiesPierre Cardin uses ‘Functionality’ cookies to:
- Remember settings you’ve applied such as layout, text size, preferences and colours
- Remember if we’ve already asked you if you want to fill in a survey
- Show you when you’re logged in to the website (if relevant)
- Share information with our partners who provide a service on the website or app. The information shared is used only to provide the service, product or function and not for any other purpose.
Cookies Pierre Cardin has categorised as ‘Functionality’ cookies will not be used to:
- Target you with adverts on our website and apps or on other websites and apps
Some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties – where this is the case we don’t allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than what’s listed above.
You can decide whether or not these cookies are used, but stopping them might mean we can’t offer you some services. It’s also possible that stopping them means we can’t remember that you didn’t want a particular service.
Cookie Name Cookie Type Cookie Expiry Date Category Usage vote.<contentId> Persistent 28 days State cookie_policy_visited Persistent 7 days State selectedRetailerID Persistent 3 months State selectedRetailerName Session After session expired State sessionID Session After session expired Session
- Targeting CookiesAlthough we sometimes use targeting cookies, we don’t use any sort of advertising cookies.
Pierre Cardin use ‘Targeting’ cookies to:
- Link to social networks like Facebook. They might then use this information to target advertising at you.
You can decide whether or not these cookies are used, but stopping them might mean we can’t offer you some services. All of these cookies are managed by other companies, so you can also use their own tools to stop them.
Because there are lots of different browsers, we haven’t given instructions for all of them here, but you can visit the All About Cookies website for more information.
If you use Windows Explorer, here are the steps:
- Click on ‘Windows Explorer’
- Select the ‘Search’ button on the tool bar
- Enter ‘cookie’ into the search box field for ‘Folders and Files’
- Choose ‘My Computer’ in the ‘Look In’ drop down menu
- Click on ‘Search Now’
- Select and open the folders that are retrieved
- Click to highlight any cookie file
- Click the ‘Delete’ key to erase the cookie file
If you don’t have Windows Explorer, click ‘Help’ on your ‘Start’ menu and search for ‘cookies’ to find information on how to locate the folder.
If you do this, you might not be able to use some of the services on our websites or apps – or on other websites and apps.
For more information about cookies you can take a look at any of these pages.
Useful information about cookies can be found at:
Internet Advertising Bureau
A guide to behavioural advertising and online privacy produced by the internet advertising industry: